Business Services Team
Our Business Services Team is ready to work in partnership with your organization. Your workforce is your biggest asset and the array of services we can provide, at little to no cost to you, ensures you are recruiting, screening, assessing and training your employees effectively. Whether you are a new employer to North Carolina, or a well-established business with deep roots, our staff will work closely with you, get to know your unique business needs so that we can make recommendations and help you create a plan to reach your workforce goals.
Business Services staff can travel to your place of business to consult with you and provide services, and they will also guide you to the wealth of resources available through NCWorks Career Centers and NCWorks Online.
Services for Employers
- Job Order Fulfillment – recruitment, screening, assessment and referral of qualified job candidates.
- Skills Assessments (WorkKeys®) and Skill Building Tutorials (CareerReady 101®); EEO & ADA Compliant when linked to job skills profile.
- On-the-Job Training – may reimburse your company 50% or more of a worker’s wages during training.
- Workforce/Economic & Labor Market Data Analyses – customized reports.
- Point of contact for business information and services available in the region.
- Rapid Response Services for business layoffs, closures, openings, expansions and mass hires.
- Assistance with posting open jobs through NCWorks Online.
- Employer Interview Days & Hiring Events
Most of our services are available at no cost. For more information, please contact the Kerr-Tar Workforce Development Board’s Business Services Representative at (252) 436-2040.