The Kerr-Tar Workforce Development Board (Kerr-Tar WDB) is currently accepting Letters of Intent to Bid from entities to serve as One-Stop Operators for the local certified NCWorks Career Centers services which cover Franklin, Granville, Person, Vance, and Warren counties. There are three certified Career Centers in the region in Granville, Vance and Warren Counties. The one-stop operator will also be responsible for coordinating services at access points in the other two counties in the region.
Purpose: The Kerr-Tar WDB is seeking Request for Proposals for the purpose of selecting organizations with the capacity and expertise to design, administer and implement an innovative and compliant system of one-stop workforce development services for the benefit of business and job seeker customers as designated One-Stop Career Center Operators.
Timeline: The Kerr-Tar WDB will release this request for Letters of Intent (LOIs) on April 1, 2021. The deadline for submission of LOIs is 12:00 PM EST on April 9, 2021. The initial period for performance is July 1, 2021 through June 30, 2022. Funding available shall not exceed $25,000 per center for annual contract. A fully-executed contract must be in place within the first 30 days of the new program year with the successful respondent.
Organization Qualifications: Who may be a One-Stop Career Center Operator? Eligible entities include [WIOA Section 121(d) (2) (B)]:
- A public, private, or non-profit entity, or
- A consortium of entities that must include at least three (3) or more required one-stop partners located in the local area
It CAN be:
- An institution of higher education
- An employment service State agency established under the Wagner-Peyser Act [29 U.S.C. 49 et seq.] on behalf of the local office of the agency
- A community-based organization, nonprofit organization, or intermediary
- A private for profit entity
- A government agency
- Another interested organization or entity, which may include a local chamber of commerce or other business organization, or a labor organization
It CANNOT be:
- An elementary or secondary school, or
- Staff of the local workforce development board
LOI Guidelines and Requirements: Interested agencies shall complete, sign and return their Letter of Intent (see Attachment A for suggested format). The LOI will be considered complete when the following areas are addressed:
- The type of organization intended to bid;
- The identification of the county and program/opportunity that the entity is responding to;
- The location of the agency intending to bid;
- An acknowledgement that the period of performance begins on July 1, 2021 and must be completed by June 30, 2022;
- The LOI is signed by the authorized signatory for the agency;
- The completed and signed LOI is received by the Kerr-Tar Workforce Development Board by the required time/date.
Contact Information: Completed Letters of Intent may be emailed to email@example.com
Please note the attached MEMO with detailed information regarding this process. Please contact Lou Grillo, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Diane Cox, email@example.com, with any questions.